Established Patients may get PCR COVID testing through our office, with 1-3 days results.
If you test Positive for COVID-19
With the increase in COVID-19 cases in our area, you might not hear from the health department right away. We ask everyone to follow these steps to help stop the spread.
Start isolation yourself right away. Stay home except for medical care. Let your employer know you have COVID-19.
Notify your close contacts so they can start to quarantine themselves.
- Close contacts = those who were within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes total in a 24 hour period, when the person was contagious.
- Contagious = starts 2 days before symptoms appear (or 2 days before positive test, if no symptoms), through the end of the isolation period.
Close contacts: Quarantine instructions
Start quarantining right away if you are told you are a close contact.
Stay home except to get medical care. Close contacts of a positive of case (<6 feet, 15= minutes total) need to quarantine for 14 days from your last contact to COVID+ person while they were considered contagious and monitor for symptoms. If you develop symptoms, get tested.
You cannot test your way out of quarantine, however. Because the incubation period of this virus is long, close contacts need to stay home 14 days from your last contact, even if you received a negative test result.
You can resume normal activities when
- 10 days have passed since symptoms started (or test date if no symptoms),
- You are fever-free for 24 hours, and
- Your symptoms have improved.
If you experience difficulty breathing, shortness of breath or chest pain call 9-1-1 and go to your nearest Emergency room.